NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT REQUIRED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and directors of Hanesbrands Inc. or its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members and persons who live in the same household as such employees and directors, are not eligible to participate.
2. TO ENTER: No purchase or payment is required to enter. There are two ways to enter, both of which are available online at www.climbeverestwithus.com. For both methods of entry, visit the website and complete the contact and personal information in the website registration form. You will create a password, which you will use along with your e-mail address to log back in to the website at any time. You are solely responsible for the security of your password. You should take precautions to keep your password private to prevent any unauthorized use. Neither Sponsor nor any other person or entity will be responsible for any losses, damages or consequences you may suffer due to careless or unauthorized use of a password. Limit one registration account per person. All registrants must check the box saying "I have read and agree to the Official Rules" in order to register. You may then upload your video entry or your essay entry in the fields indicated at any time. Video Entry: Participants may enter by submitting a short video addressing the theme "What's Your Everest?" in which they detail their personal goal(s) and means to achieve those goals. Videos may not be longer than 5 minutes and must be less than 100MB and be submitted in one of the following video formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2. Videos must not contain the intellectual property of third parties, such as copyrighted music, trademarks, and logos. By submitting a video entry, you affirm and represent that you have permission from the videographer (if other than entrant) and all parties appearing in the video to submit the video as a contest entry, and that you hereby grant, transfer and assign to Sponsor all rights, title and interests in and to the video so that Sponsor has the right to use, not use, display, edit, and create derivative works from the entry in any and all media, worldwide, without limitation or further obligation to you or any other party. Video entries containing profanity, nudity, violence or other content deemed inconsistent with the Champion brand, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified. Essay Entry: Participants may submit an essay discussing the theme "What's Your Everest?" in which they detail their personal goal(s) and means to achieve those goals. Essays are limited to 2000 characters or less. Essay entrants may also submit one (1) still photo to complement the essay. The photo may be up to 5 MB. No professional photography allowed. By submitting a photo, you affirm and represent that you are the photographer or you have permission from the photographer (if other than entrant) and all parties appearing in the photograph to submit the photo as part of a contest entry. By submitting an entry, you hereby grant, transfer and assign to Sponsor all rights, title and interests in and to the essay and any photograph submitted, so that Sponsor has the right to use, not use, display, edit, and create derivative works from the entry in any and all media, worldwide, without limitation or further obligation to you or any other party. Entries containing essays and/or photographs depicting nudity, violence or other content deemed inconsistent with the Champion brand, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on August 3, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2009. There is no limit on the number of entries per person, however, each entry must relate to a different personal goal. Duplicate or substantially similar entries, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified. Eligible contest entries will be posted on the www.climbeverestwithus.com web site and will be available for viewing by all site registrants.
Noncompliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user's computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
3. PRIZES AND SELECTION OF WINNERS: Throughout the entry period, registered users may visit the www.climbeverestwithus.com web site and vote for their favorite entries. Each registered user of the site may vote for as many different entries as they want, but each user may only vote once per day for any single entry. For purposes of calculating votes, each day begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Additional votes for the same entry in a single day by the same person/e-mail address/ISP address will not be counted. No voting via macro, proxy, or other automated methods is permitted. You may not establish multiple e-mail accounts in order to generate additional votes. Sponsor reserves the right to block voting from any source and to disqualify any entrant suspected to be engaging in such practices, or other practices deemed to be unfair, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
The 100 entries with the highest vote counts will qualify for judging for the grand prize. Sponsor or its designee will judge the 100 qualified entries based upon the following criteria, as demonstrated in the video entry or essay entry (with or without photo):
The voting rank does not play any role in these judging criteria. This is a contest of skill. Your chances of winning depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the contest.
The entry with the highest score according to these judging criteria will be the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 cash toward the achievement of his or her goal.
Grand Prize winner will be notified via e-mail and/or mail on or about February 1, 2010, and must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim the prize within five (5) days of the date the notice was sent or prize will be forfeited and awarded to the entry with the next-highest score. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated or postage due mail or e-mail. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
Prize is non-transferable prior to award and no substitution of prize is allowed except in Sponsor's sole discretion. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. If winner is considered a minor in his or her state of residence, then the prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian, who must also sign the declaration of eligibility and liability releases, as applicable.
4. MISCELLANEOUS: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to create the registered account. The "authorized account holder" is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any attempt by an entrant or anyone else to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrant and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries, or to modify, cancel, or suspend the contest should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the contest. In any such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners according to the judging criteria from among eligible entries submitted prior to the event requiring such action. By participating, you agree that the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in this contest. By entering, you agree that Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, may use your name, hometown, likeness and/or voice, and the video/essay/photograph(s) you submitted as an entry for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without limitation and without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. By entering, you agree that Sponsor shall have all rights to copy, edit, broadcast, publish and use your video/essay/photograph(s), in whole or in part, in any manner and without further compensation, both during and after the contest, unless prohibited by law.
5. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules or this Contest (and/or the rights and obligations of Sponsor and/or entrant in conjunction therewith) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court in the State of North Carolina; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in order to participate in this contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, multiplied or otherwise increased damages; and (D) ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUCH ACTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or this contest (and/or the rights and obligations of Sponsor and/or entrant in conjunction therewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard for conflicts of law/choice of law doctrine of North Carolina or of any other jurisdiction.
6. WINNERS' LIST: For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (Vermont residents may omit postage), postmarked between January 8, 2010, and February 28, 2010, to: What's Your Everest Contest Winner's List, 111 Adell Place Elmhurst, Illinois 60126. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of Winners' List. Requests postmarked outside this period will not be fulfilled.
7. SPONSOR: Promotion sponsored by Hanesbrands Inc., 1000 E. Hanes Mill Road, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27105.